There are a plenty of opportunities for girls to get involved with the Shammies!
Girls can participate in the club as a player, coach, referee or volunteer.
- Under 11s (born 2008/2009)
- Under 13s (born 2006/2007)
- Under 15s (born 2004/2005)
- Under 17s (born 2002/2003)
- Colts & above University of Sydney Women's Rugby (born 2001 or earlier)
- Wednesdays 530-630pm at Wills Ground, Wardell Road, Earlwood (the home of Canterbury Juniors Rugby)
Saturdays from 4-830pm with younger age groups generally playing earlier. Two 7min halves. Head gear, mouth guard, water bottle and rugby boots are required.
Sizzling 7’s, XV a side rugby, Frosty 7s, Spring Carnivals
Sydney Junior Rugby Union Girls 7s Rugby is played in 3 waves during the first 3 school terms of the year. It begins in February and breaks for the school holiday period and over the July long weekend. Spring Carnivals start in late August and are Club run.
Petersham girls play under the Sydney University Junior Rugby banner along with 2 other district ‘Village’ clubs, Canterbury & Balmain. SUFC Juniors is 1 of 12 junior rugby districts in the Sydney Metro region. To begin, register with your local village club which is US, The Shammies!
Try Rugby Days
Free Try Rugby sessions at Sydney University throughout the year. Aimed at u10-u18 year old girls who have never played before and would like a free introductory session. Girls will have the chance to learn how to run, pass and tackle and get a chance to train with players from the Sydney Uni Women's Rugby team, Australian Wallaroos and Australian AON 7s.
School Holiday Programs
School holiday Rugby Clinics for Girls 7s to help you build your skills during the school holiday breaks. Join Here
Sydney Uni Demonstration Games
Are played during the Shute Shield Series to showcase Girls 7s. Girls in their club jerseys and their families enter free. A great way to spend the afternoon and watch top quality rugby.
Ball Girls for Sydney Uni Lionesses Home Games
Girls aged eight and over are needed to run the sidelines at all home games. Kids receive a free meal and drink at every match! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Jo Bacic (email@example.com)
Schools Coordinator, NSW RU
Sydney Uni Women's Rugby
- Womens Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rugby Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Ben Hughes, Juniors Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Role - Things to know
- Coach - Smart Rugby courses, Codes of Conduct, Blue card, Concussion Management
- Manager - Concussion Management, Blue card online training
- Touch judge (Assistant Referee) - Assistant Referee training and one face-to-face session
- Ground Marshal - For home games only, training provided at Clubhouse at start of season
- Referee - Referee Kids Course or higher accreditation. Home games only.
- Match official - Smart Rugby online training
- ABC TV - BTN
- Inspiration to Girls - Charlotte Caslick
- If Country Girls can, so can we!
- It takes all sizes, even in girls rugby